Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why do they do it?

I took a load of brush out to the township brush site yesterday. Someone had dumped a hot tub, complete with cover, at the site. To add insult to injury, they dumped it right next to the sign that threatens unauthorized dumpers with a $500 penalty.
At this point, I wish the township would cancel the service. I hate to see our township dollars being spent taking care of stupid people's junk. And short of posting a guard at the site 24/7, there doesn't seem to be any way to stop it from being abused.
This kind of stuff makes me crazy. I just can't understand the mindset that says it's OK to do this. But people do it all the time. We had a mattress and box spring propped up against our tool shed at work last summer. Just appeared overnight. Before we moved the trash bins inside the fenced service area, it was worse. We'd come in to work, and find the bins overflowing with household trash.
Will anyone out there 'fess up to doing this kind of thing? If so, please, let me know: why do you do it? How do you justify it? And how do you sleep at night? What kind of parents do you have? And what kind of children are you raising?

No comments: