Monday, September 10, 2012

Sanders calls for investigation of Vermont gas prices

Sanders calls for investigation of Vermont gas prices

-U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has called for a federal investigation into unusually high gasoline prices in the greater Burlington area compared to other parts of Vermont, New England and other areas throughout the country.

I wish Bernie was my rep. Gas prices in my zip code  are always 10- 15 cents higher than zip codes just 15 miles away. So, even if we add 3 cents per gallon for transport.....
-While there is an expense to transport gasoline, one of the industry’s leading experts, Ben Brockwell, the director of data, pricing and information services for the Oil Price Information Service, states that hauling gasoline by truck 70 miles would add just 3 cents to the price of a gallon of gas.

.....we're still paying an extra 7 - 12 cents per gallon.

Using mapquest to search for fuel prices gives me this list:


on 9/10/12:
mapquest gas prices

Fremont OH
lowest $3.65, highest $3.69

Sandusky OH
lowest $3.54, highest $3.58

Port Clinton OH
lowest $3.86 highest $3.89

Marblehead
$3.89

Huron
$3.65 - $3.66

Living in 'vacationland' apparently  means that we have to pay an extra 20 cents per gallon to fillup. For my little Honda, with it's 10 gallon tank, that's only $2. per fill. For my neighbor, with her 20 gallon tank, and extra $4. per fill. Money she [and I] could use.


No comments: