Thursday, December 06, 2012

Klein Tools - The #1 choice among professional tradesmen

Klein Tools - The #1 choice among professional tradesmen

Looked up this site after talking to my contractor about the decline in quality of the modern folding rule.
He compared his new Lufkin extension rule to my old one. So old that I have no idea when or where I bought it. But it still looks and feels brand new, with clear numbers,  and strong/snappy action. His newer one feels flimsy in comparison. The end of mine is even and smooth. His is wobbly. Oh well.
After he left, I pulled out the even older rule I had, made by M. Klein & Sons, Chicago IL. From my dad's garage, when we cleaned it out after his death. This one is really old. And was obviously well and often used. the edges are rounded from use [but still even]. The paint is scratched. But the folding action is still strong and sure.

No comments: