Saturday, October 26, 2013

Why do people do this?

Someone will call in, asking for parts, or service. I transfer the call. The parts or service person is not at their desk, or is with a customer, so call goes to voice mail. At this point, the person should leave a message, right?
Some do. Some hang up and call back. "You transferred me to parts, and it went to voice mail. Can you tell me if you carry this part?"
well, no. Not without asking the parts person. Who was busy with another customer when you called,  so I'm not going to drag him away from that customer to answer your question. This is the concept known as 'wait your turn'. I know it's a vanishing concept. Everyone wants an answer RIGHT NOW. Sometimes that just isn't possible. So, please: leave a blooming message and expect a call back!

No comments: