Saturday, September 20, 2014

Charles Barkley defends Adrian Peterson’s use of corporal punishment | For The Win

Charles Barkley defends Adrian Peterson’s use of corporal punishment | For The Win



This defense of corporal punishment makes me so crazy. 

"My parent[s] beat me and I survived so it must be OK".



And this one: "but you can't raise children unless you give them a whipping now and then".



My parents raised 6 children. My dad would threaten to get the razor strop out; but he never did.  He never laid a hand on any of his children. My mom did spank me once: a quick swat on the butt.  I don't remember what I did, I just remember how ashamed I was of having driven my even tempered mom to this state. 

And all 6 kids turned out fairly well. No trouble with the law, all homeowners and good steady workers.  Amazing, isn't it!?



And the co-worker who was in defense of a good whipping?  One son who was constantly in trouble, needed to be bailed out of jail, couldn't hold down a steady job. One daughter,  a young single parent who depended on grandma to take care of this child so daughter's lifestyle wasn't too in fringed by being a parent.

No comments: